Thursday, November 1, 2007

Closer to the past

Hello there!
Today I went to the cemetery with my parents as it was the day when we remember the dead. We got there late, at about 6 pm when it was already dark. All the graves were decorated with candles and and the ocean of light really impressed me. It was as if the past had come to life. I compared it to Tuesday afternoon when I went to clean my grandparents' grave and it was a gorgeous autumn day. Then the gloomy spirit of the cemetery really caught me as I was coming down the hill...I kept on stopping to take a closer look to some graves that were old and tried to imagine how those people lived. I felt the whole place pulsating with history and I felt so small and overwhelmed. But today it was different. The spiderweb of candlelights filled me up with a sensation of past inserted into in the present. In addition, from the top of the hill I saw a panorama of the city and I have to say I realized (again!) how much I love my city and what a big feeling of belonging it gives me. Wherever life may take me, I know a piece of me will be here.

And probably from now on, each post will have a song's lyrics in it. I guess "Hoodoo" from Muse is the song of the day as I listened to it about 10 times today :)) I like to call it the "mad-scientist song" especially because of the piano part :X the lyrics are beautiful :X

Come into my life
Regress into a dream
We will hide
And build a new reality
Draw another picture
Of the life you could have had
Follow your instincts
And choose the other path
You should never be afraid
You're protected
From trouble and pain
Why
Why is this a crisis in your eyes again
Come to be
How did it come to be
Tied to a railroad
No love to set us free
Watch our souls fade away
And our bodies crumbling
Don't be afraid
I will take the cold for you
I've had recurring nightmares
That I was loved for who I am
And missed the opportunity
To be a better man

No comments: