Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Aaaaaaah what a fine day for science!!!!

Dexter's famous line defines today perfectly. It's not like I'm a genius when it comes to Mechanics (or Michenix as our professor pronounces it, the syllable in Italics being the stressed one) but I think I did quite okay in the partial exam. I knew the theory about the reduction of parallel forces (I just hope I wrote enough), I think I solved the problem with reduction of forces right and then I messed up a bit the problem with centers of masses, but I hope he'll give me half the points for it as I wrote quite a lot of correct things. After the exam I had a coffee with my colleagues Mia, Sorana and Paul in Hard Rock Cafe (they played 'Plug-In Baby' from Muse among other lovely songs :X) and then headed to another building of the university for 4 gruesome hours of Algebra. God I hate that subject. Not as much as Physics, but 4 hours in a row of this subject are simply too much.
Some other good news for me was that the English teacher accepted me in the preparation group for the LCCI exam (a more professional type of Cambridge exam) which will be held in April 2008. I’m looking forward to this new challenge and I hope it won’t prove too difficult for a 1st year student.
Oh well, 2 more days of Uni and then the weeeeeekend!!! And I’m going out on Saturday to the OCS concert \:D/ I can’t wait!
Today’s song is “Dakota” by Stereophonics, which gives me a bittersweet sensation, but I love it a lot. It’s probably my favorite ‘phonics song so I’ll put a link to it’s youtube video (for the ones who don’t know it)

Thinking about thinking of you
Summertime think it was June
Yeah think it was June
Laying back, head on the grass
Children grown having some laughs
Yeah having some laughs.

You made me feel like the one
Made me feel like the one
The one
You made me feel like the one
Made me feel like the one
The one

Drinking back, drinking for two
Drinking with you
And drinking was new
Sleeping in the back of my car
We never went far
Needed to go far

You made me feel like the one
Made me feel like the one
The one
You made me feel like the one
Made me feel like the one
The one

I don't know where we are going now
I don't know where we are going now

Wake up cold coffee and juice
Remembering you
What happened to you?
I wonder if we'll meet again
Talk about us instead
Talk about why did it end

You made me feel like the one
Made me feel like the one
The one
You made me feel like the one
Made me feel like the one
The one

I don't know where we are going now
I don't know where we are going now
So take a look at me now


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iUHjDJxkcSE[/youtube

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

well done Iza :* hold on in there honey, the weekend is almost here. Have tons of fun at the OCS concert! and thanks for reminding me about "Dakota"...I hadn't listened to it in such a long time. Great song!!!!

Mihnea said...

Hmmm... wonder why I'm not surprised to find out who you went with (or should I say "followed"?) in Hard Rock. :-? :P :))