Sunday, November 25, 2007

The Ghost of Highschool

If you read a few posts back, I bragged about how well I knew at the Mechanics exam. I didn't expect a 10 but I expected around 7-8. Well, on Wednesday, the professor brought us the results (or rizalts as he calls them) for the application. Reduction of forces 7 (i can't believe he took 3 points away because I forgot to do a bloody summation that gives the resultant; i found the moment of force correctly and I don't think a summation was worth 3 points) and centres of masses 4. Which means I will get an application from centers of masses in the big exam. Grrr I'm so pissed about that 7. I don't give a damn about that 4 because I'll improve until January, but grrrrrr I could've got more than 7 if he had marked me more 'humanly'.
And speaking of marking methods...mom told me I'm not in highschool anymore, to expect points even if i messed up some calculus or didn't finish the exercise but got the idea. And this made me a bit nostalgic...I miss highschool. Not because of those damned grades. But because of the atmosphere...as soon as the bell rang, I was outside in the lovely park that Sincai Highschool has, chatting and laughing with my friends. I used to be late to most classes because we extended our conversations. And then after sitting at my desk, I used to take out my sandwich and eat it then, since breaks are meant for talking, not eating. All that atmosphere I was familiar with (especially since Sincai had been my 2nd home for 8 years) is now gone. Instead, I go to a university with no nice park, with buildings scattered all around the city (including one on Bulevardul Muncii at the end of the world! i have to go by tram there), with teachers who don't let you in if you are late (some of them), who give us tests from what we learnt in that lesson at the end of the class and who get upset and become drama-queens because they think your tone when greeting them wasn't appropriate. Geeesh. But my Sincai time is gone, it's history, and I have to move on and get used to living 'university style'.
By the way about eating during classes...the first hour of the Phyisics lecture on Friday was so cool, we learnt about sound waves and octaves and all that cool real-life stuff and I was finally happy that I understood something at that subject. Eating my yummy sandwich at the same time :)). But then in the 2nd hour, it all went back to normal: same old babble, pointless, rubbish 'omega' and 'psi' and all those Greek notations that I hate.

Today's song is my all-time favorite song: Special Needs by Placebo. Please watch the video too.

Remember me when you're the one who's silver screened
Remember me when you're the one you always dreamed
Remember me whenever noses start to bleed
Remember me, special needs

Just 19 and sucker's dream
I guess I thought you had the flavour
Just 19 and dream obscene
with six months off for bad behaviour

Remember me when you clinch your movie deal
And think of me stuck in my chair that has four wheels
Remember me through flash photography and screams
Remember me, special dreams

Just 19 this sucker's dream
I guess I thought you had the flavour
Just 19 and dream obscene
with six months off for bad behaviour

Just 19 and sucker's dream
I guess I thought you had the flavour
Just 19 and dream obscene
with six months off for bad behaviour

Remember me...

Just 19 this sucker's dream
I guess I thought you had the flavour
Just 19 and dream obscene
with six months off for bad behaviour
Just 19 and sucker's dream
I guess I thought you had the flavour
Just 19 and dream obscene
with six months off for bad behaviour

Remember me...


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=elVMHKb8A4A

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I read your comment Iza and I have to agree with you about high school. I kinda miss it too (I'm real glad you have this site at least we can exchange more info) and I know you will do your best in the area of your choosing. You are one of the smartest people I know - no joke - and never let anyone get you down or tell you you can't do something. The only reason anyone criticizes someone is because of their own insecurities. This whole "ghost story" thing made me sad as well since I realize the world is not as grand and noble and idealistic etc etc There's no perfect system, but we can get as close to perfection and to glory and to achievement and to supremacy as our time & resources (limitations) permit. Rome was not built in a day, the highest mountains are climbed one step at a time! Yeah, philosophy but it's the philosophy of LIFE - very relevant here. I like the past, and I have mostly good memories of it, but the future will soon be past and so we must make it as successful as possible - good enough to frame it, put it in the history books :)) Make sure that the nines and the fours and the sevens or whatever come with knowledge that YOU can use best for yourself and your career. You know what they say, a degree will get you a living, but self education will make you ALIVE (money, enjoyment, MEANING). A lot of love, and don't get upset if I sound like a preacher - ya know me.