Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Rock Werchter substitute: B'ESTFEST 2009!

Everytime I look at my right wrist and I see the light blue bracelet from last year's fantastic Rock Werchter, I feel a pang of nostalgia and sadness that I won't go this year. I'm missing out on artists like Kings of Leon, Metallica, my old faves Placebo, Pendulum, The Prodigy, Bloc Party and the whole amazing atmosphere there :(

Buuuuuuut there is a substitute for that: B'ESTFEST! Between 1-4 July I will go to Bucharest to meet up with my dear friends from there and have an awesome time! The line-up so far is pretty OK:

Day Zero July 1

Snails: Moldavian indie band....haven't heard of them before
Patrice: quite cool raggae-sorta artist
White Lies: I love these guys!!!! young post-punk band with a very catchy debut album and I'm really looking forward to seeing them in concert
The Killers: of course, the headliners of the day :D i hope they'll play very few songs from their shitty new album "Day&Age" and delight us with tracks like "Mr. Brightside", "When You Were Young" and "Somebody Told Me"


Day 1 July 2

Polarkreis 18: no idea who these fellas are
Les Elephants Bizarres: some Romania indie band
Grimus: very nice band from Cluj :D
Ayo: soul-chick
Motorhead: old rockers...still undecided whether it's a good or not-so-good thing that they're gonna play
Moby: yes!! after not seeing him properly at Werchter I finally have the chance to see him again! Can't wait!


Day 2 July 3

Gabriela Cilmi: 'nothing sweet about me' :P
Alternosfera: very good Moldavian alternative band
AB4: another Romanian band that I like
Orbital: electronic music legends, not a massive fan of them though
Klaxons: Klaxons are a very entertaining band and I like most of their songs from their debut album
Franz Ferdinand: not much to say 'bout these lads....except that they're in my top 10 bands and I LOVE them!!!! This is going to be huuuuge!!


Day 3 July 4

By far the weakest day of the festival. Plenty of bands I've never heard of (Persona, Gravity Co., Looptroop Rockers), or that I don't give a crap about (The MOOOod, The Charlatans), and the 2 "headliners" of the day are The Ting Tings who are decent and Santana, who is a legend and blah blah, but really....I can name about 2-3 dozen bands I would trade him with.

There are two more months until this cool event and I really hope that they'll add some more bands to the line-up :D there are a few Romanian bands worthy of playing here.

Meanwhile, let's all enjoy the Champions' League semifinal :D Go Chelsea & Arsenal!

3 comments:

Andreea said...

soooooo looking forward to B'estfest. Hope my volunteering will be able so I don't have to pay for the tickets...if not...ah well, shall get the money. Don't wanna miss the killers, franz ferdinand and santana!!! :D

Anonymous said...

Buna Ziua!
Eu sunt Vlad, unul dintre membrii Radio Whisper, un radio anti-manele dedicat bloggerilor si nu numai.
Am vizionat cu atentie blogul tau si vreau sa spun ca am fost foarte fascinat de ceea ce am gasit. Am fost atras de subiectele interesante si de originalitatea articolelor. Felicitari ! Încep sa îl citesc cu drag.
Noi promovam la radio diferite articole ale bloggerilor, iar azi am promovat un articol de-al tau ; am specificat sursa articolului si am deschis si un subiect pe baza acestuia. Daca doresti, poti sa ne recomanzi orice articol si noi îl vom promova.
Cu scuzele de rigoare pentru acest mesaj de tip spam,acest mesaj este dedicat tie si la cei care merita care ii citim aproape zi de zi.
Ne-ar face placere, de asemenea, sa stim ca ai dori sa ne sustii în acest proiect de radio si sa accepti o eventuala colaborare.
Pe Radio Whisper se difuzeaza toate genurile de muzica, exceptând manele si piesele necenzurate, avem si câteva emisiuni, stiri etc. Ne-am propus sa realizam un proiect mare, iar pentru asta avem nevoie de sustinerea si ajutorul tau si al celorlalti colegi bloggeri. Dorim sa cream o echipa numeroasa, de oameni cu un talent aparte si m-am gândit ca, poate, ai vrea sa ni te alaturi si sa colaboram, binenteles, pe unul dintre domeniile care îti place. Dorim, de asemenea,sa iti acordam un scurt interviu. Pentru noi sunt importante ideile si modul de a gândi al bloggerilor si al ascultatorilor nostri.
Îti multumesc pentru timpul acordat, iar acum îti propun sa adaugi linkul sau bannerul nostru pe blogul tau si sa ne dai add la id-ul asculta.whisper sau un email asculta.whisper@yahoo.com pentru a discuta mai multe.www.radiowhisper.com
Multumesc,Cu stima Vlad!

Add Hunters said...

Thanks for your marvelous posting! I quite enjoyed reading it, you will be a great author. I will make sure to bookmark your blog and will eventually come back later in life. I want to encourage you continue your great writing, have a nice day!And also with our web site, Add Hunters you're going to benefit from our international usages!Items listed on Add Hunters include electronics, pets, cars and, vehicles and other categories including land and property. Feel free to visit our web site http://www.addhunters.com harley davidson qatar